Re: Proposal, open up .arpa

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 01:28:40PM -0500,
 Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
 a message of 228 lines which said:

> OK, so those proposals are obvious nonsense but the notion of using a
> Certificate Transparency type log to issue names for life on a first come
> first served basis is not. Hence my callsign proposal:

To be sure I understand: it looks a lot like Namecoin (which is more
than ten years old) except that it uses an append-only log and not a
blockchain? Am I correct?

> The objective here is to give Internet users a name they can use for
> life.

What if they lose the private key? And similar questions, as seen in
the years of experience with Namecoin.