Retirement of the IETF FTP service after April 18, 2022

Hello!

As announced on March 3, 2021 [1], the IETF FTP Service will be retired per the plan described in [2].  This plan outlined the following steps prior to service retirement:

==[ snip ]==
Next Steps

After the completion of all of the actions described in the Action section, an explicit 4
month migration period will be announced (on ietf@xxxxxxxx and
ietf-announce@xxxxxxxx) to allow for the porting of scripts and associated workflows.
At the conclusion of this migration period  the IETF FTP service (ftp.ietf.org,
ops.ietf.org, ietf.org) will be retired.  This retired state will consist of serving a single
"README-like" file which will explain how the resources previously served can be
accessed via alternative means (i.e., pointers to the alternative access mechanisms
described in Appendix A).
==[ snip ]==

With the publication of RFC9141 [3], and the removal of known FTP pointers from the web-site, datatracker code and mailing list templates, all tasks outlined in "Actions" section of [2] have been completed.  A big thank you to Robert Sparks, Greg Wood and Éric Vyncke for their efforts.  In case a stray FTP pointer was missed somewhere, please don't hesitate to reach out to me, Robert or Éric.

We now start our four month migration period to allow existing FTP users to update their scripts and workflows.  This migration period will end on April 18, 2022 (four months from this email).

As previously offered in [1], volunteers at Carnegie Mellon University will provide best effort help to anyone who needs help with migrating their FTP-dependent code.  Please reach out to me off-list if you need help.

Regards,
Roman
(for the IESG)

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/vi-8bFqlgBFjB2jJ1SIAGHiNRdg/