Re: "professional" in an IETF context

Keith,

I repeat my suggestion that s/unprofessional/uncivil/ would fix the document under discussion.

Apart from that, I think your points are valid. I'd like to point to ISOC's take on this:
https://www.internetsociety.org/become-a-member/code-of-conduct-jan-2003/
which was based on similar documents for traditional engineering institutions.

[Disclaimer: I originally drafted the ISOC document.]

Regards
   Brian