Re: Describing which behavior is appropriate or not (was: Last Call: <draft-eggert-bcp45bis-06.txt> (IETF Discussion List Charter) to Best Current Practice)

>>> But we have now become so fragmented that it's hard for us to discover new shared values or evolve the old ones.   I used to call this the Tower of Babel effect, but it's much worse now than it was when I first saw it happening in the late 1990s
>>
>> You have an open git issue on a document, you can work on and resolve it without having to interact with anyone who might decrease your productivity.
>>
>> Get with the program.
>>

> I don’t understand what you are trying to say.

it's an observation on where any IETF list discussion is headed, reinforcing your comment. For example:

"I think there's a problem in the design described by this document..."

"well, if you have a real issue open a git issue on the document repository. we're not going to discuss technical document issues on this list."

...alluded to in a couple of git-related drafts I wrote.

it's not just siloed in mailing lists, but discussion is now fragmented across document repositories and issue trackers.

that system has no use for generalists or for cross-pollination of ideas.

L.