Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-eggert-bcp45bis-06.txt> (IETF Discussion List Charter) to Best Current Practice

Hi Paul,
At 10:11 AM 21-10-2021, Paul Wouters wrote:

> To me this is an unmoderated list

But it is not. It is moderated. For example to enforce our harassment policies. there is no constraint of topics, but that is not the same as not moderated.

An email to the mailing list does not moderator approval for it to be redistributed to the mailing list subscribers. Such a list is usually considered as unmoderated. The mailing list would be considered as moderated if every subscriber email sent to the mailing list required moderator approval.

There are, in my opinion, constraints on the topics which can be discussed on the mailing list.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy