Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: Status change of HTTP experiments to Historic

On 10/14/2021 11:52 AM, The IESG wrote:
- RFC8164 from Experimental to Historic
     (Opportunistic Security for HTTP/2)

It's worth observing that this mechanism remains implemented in Firefox today:

https://searchfox.org/mozilla-central/rev/13a484992f7cae52f24851c73ff4d19de119d0c0/netwerk/protocol/http/AlternateServices.cpp#1119-1122

On a quick search of mailarchive.ietf.org, I don't see any solicitation of input about experience with it, nor any offered lessons from this real-life deployment. Given its relative recency as compared to the other documents, it may be worth doing some outreach to folks to ask if there was anything learned from this deployment. I recommend either delaying this action until data is gathered on RFC 8164, or removing RFC 8164 from this action.

/a