Re: Want to be on the IESG?

>    (1) While Nomcoms have rarely taken advantage of it, my
    understanding from the beginning of the Nomcom model has been
    that Nomcoms are free to recruit, twist arms, etc.   This may be
    the year for doing that.

I am sure that they know this is possible, and as I said elsewhere, I recall every nomcom chair asking for candidates multiple times. I do not know what they are doing behind the scenes,  I only went by the list of nominees.

>    (2) I think looking at things in terms of "want to be on the
    IESG?" may be the wrong question.

We disagree.

    (3) From observation of results, Nomcoms are often inclined to
    return incumbents who are willing to serve again (and who have
    not been absolute disasters).

Sure, for understandable reasons. But perhaps those known reasons should not always be the priority.  See for example, the thread around this post, https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/66ZswAhKfCCQ9RVYKnr8Jflh9eI/ and the community survey blog post https://www.ietf.org/blog/ietf-community-survey-2021/