making upcoming calendar more useful

John C Klensin <john-ietf@xxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Announcement list --selective digests, avoiding four separate
    > interim meeting postings at the same time for the same WG,
    > encouraging calendar subscriptions, etc.-- then I think we
    > address the real problem while splitting up lists even more just
    > create distractions.

On the topic of calendaring, and "upcoming" being more useful for planning.
I've asked for the various area meetings, such as the RTG Chairs Chat, IESG
telechat, IoT Directorate, etc. to be on the calendar.

My purpose is allow people who are planning meetings to know what else is
occuring.   Maybe we can do a "this week at the IETF" page.

There are tooling issues for some of these requests.
But, the major pushback I got was that some of these events are not open to
anyone, and so shouldn't be listed.  I disagree :-)

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )