Re: Proposal: an "important-news" IETF announcement list

On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 3:33 PM David Noveck <davenoveck@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree as well but it is hard to get agreement about what, specifically, is clutter and what is not.  That can easily turn into a non-terminating discussion.

In order to provide the desirable uncluttering, without getting into a discussion about what people consider clutter, I propose that we extend Lars's proposal and put each of the ten classes of items into its own list so that we have ietf-announce-{news, charters, closures, new-lists, new-rfcs, telechats, doc-actions, conflict-reviews, last-calls, interim-meetings} allowing people to subscribe what they want to see without getting what they consider clutter.

If that would happen, then I wouldn't subscribe to them simply because the UX is terrible and the act of subscribing/unsubscribing is entirely tedious. Seriously, do I need to confirm the same email address *every* time I want to subscribe.

Cheers,
Lucas