Re: IESG review of RFC Editor documents

> I think we might want to begin thinking of these two functions (technical
> review and copy-editing) as two different functions, which are "joined at
> the hip" currently, but aren't necessarily so joined forever.....

agreed, but if they become disarticulated there will need to be
a solid way for the copy-editing/publishing part to relate to the
technical review part if the IESG is not there to act as a 2nd pass
of technical review.

> so I thought
> it might mean what it said rather than what its context may seem to
> indicate...

it is correct that its a true statement that the IESG reviews all RFCs (or
actually almost RFCs) pre-publication but rfc 2418 (including sec 8)
only deals with WG documents so I do not think that you need a reference
to 2418 in this document

> Note: The changed IESG review of RFC Editor documents does NOT change the
> IESG review for individual submissions to the standards track or individual
> submission sponsored by an AD. These get full IESG technical review, as
> before.

I assumed that was the case

also WG informational and experimental documents I trust?

Scott