Re: [Last-Call] [DNSOP] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-dnsop-dns-tcp-requirements-12

>>On Sep 18,2021,at 3:47 PM, Wessels Duane<dwessels@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>4.5.  Defaults and Recommended Limits
>>
>>   Most open sorcue DNS server implementations provide a configurable
>>   limit on the total number of established connections.  Default values
>>   range from 20 to 150.  In most cases, where the majority of queries
>>   take place over UDP, 150 is a reasonable limit.  For services or
>>   enviroments where most queries take place over TCP or TLS, 5000 is a
>>   more appropriate limit.
>>
>>   Only some open source implementations provide a way to limit the
>>   number of connections per source IP address or subnet, but the
>>   default is to have no limit.  For environments or situations where it
>>   may be neccessary to enable this limit, 25 connections per source IP
>>   address is a reasonable starting point.  The limit should be
>>   increased when aggregated by subnet, or for services where most
>>   queries take place over TCP or TLS.
[Qin]: Defaults and Recommended Limits is interesting, I assume it aligns with the guidelines in section 6.2 of RFC7766
I am wondering whether the total number of established connections is referred to the number of concurrent connections? Come from a single client or multiple clients?

I am a little bit surprised that the connection number limit for DNS over UDP is much less than one for DNS over TCP?
Since I think UDP can support many more client at the same time due to the lack of connection state, can you clarifies the rationale behind,
Thanks.