Re: [Tools-discuss] Content at notes.ietf.org is not archival

On 9/16/2021 2:17 PM, Tero Kivinen wrote:

The problem with notes.ietf.org is not that we can't keep the data,
itis that we can't find the data. I have no idea what was the etherpad
url for my session 4 years ago. I can most likely find it from the
chair slides if I happened to copy it there, but otherwise I would
need to go and find it from the somewhere else.

Of course, that creates a special problem for archival, standard processes, etc. What if someone writes something they should not, gets the point across in the WG, and then edits the note to remove the offensive text? What is supposed to be archived? Just the note, or the whole editing history?

-- Christian Huitema