Re: What's going on with the IETF.

Well, the USG is moving in that direction.  It may help with adoption.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/M-21-07.pdf

"This memorandum communicates the requirements for completing the operational deployment of IPv6 across all Federal information systems and services, and helps agencies overcome barriers that impede them from migrating to IPv6-only network environments. The strategic intent is for the Federal government to deliver its information services, operate its networks, and access the services of others using only IPv6."

"
  1. At least 20% of IP-enabled assets on Federal networks are operating in IPv6-only environments by the end o f FY 2023; 13

  2. At least 50% of IP-enabled assets on Federal networks are operating in IPv6-only environments by the end of FY 2024;

  3. At least 80% ofIP-enabled assets on Federal networks are operating in IPv6-only environments by the end ofFY 2025; and

  4. Identify and justify Federal information systems that cannot be converted to use IPv6 and provide a schedule for replacing or retiring these systems;"