Re: [Last-Call] [yang-doctors] [Rift] Yangdoctors last call review of draft-ietf-rift-yang-03

Hi Sandy,
firstly, sorry for the chaotic review. I have organized it properly but some formatting was lost, I will know next time.

As for your question, I do not see any node "algorithm-type" of type leaf, only choice. This choice includes 2 empty cases "spf" and "all-path". This YANG construct as it is has no purpose and cannot even be instantiated in YANG data, unless some YANG data nodes were added into the cases by augments. I suppose that is not the intention and you simply wanted to write a configuration node that could be set to either "spf" or "all-path" value. In that case you want to use enumeration like this:

leaf algorithm-type {
  type enumeration {
    enum spf {
      description "The algorithm is SPF.";
    }
    enum all-path {
      description "The algorithm is all-path.";
    }
  }
  description "The possible algorithm types.";
}

If you need the possible "algorithm-type" values to be dynamic - allowed new to be added from other YANG modules, you can even use type "identityref" and define the values as identities.

Regards,
Michal