The best time to start virtual meetings

Hi Bosses,

It comes to my mind that it is a mathematical challenge.

I have assumed that the meeting is 6h, sleeping time is 8h.

Then have taken 111 attendees list where the country permits to assume time zone (I had to round for big countries – small error is here).

The number of hours that people would not be sleeping has a sharp minimum. See attached for details.

Hence, the conclusion: if you want to minimize the overall pain on the planet Earth

Then IETF should start at 5 a.m. of UTC.

It is the most convenient time for India where it would be 10:30 local time.

The current choice for start is 216% bigger sleeping hours lost. The potential worst choice maybe +276%.

If the attendee would fill his/her time zone and the middle point of his/her typical sleeping period

Then it would be possible to calculate optimal time with seconds accuracy.

Rounding to closes hour probably makes sense.

Time is dependent on demography or registered people.

The last registered (for full cost) may not influence time decision – time may be fixed on the demography of early registered.

cid:image001.png@01D3A7DF.E7D86320

Best Regards

Eduard Vasilenko

Senior Architect

Europe Standardization & Industry Development Department

Tel: +7(985) 910-1105, +7(916) 800-5506