Re: Postel's Principle and Layer 9 protocol engineering

On 6/6/21 4:05 PM, Fred Baker wrote:

I’m curious what the average number of words are used in a FB post, and the average number of words are in a technical discussion. My belief is that FB would be difficult to use (as would Twitter) because comments are usually short.

FB comments are constrained to be short, as is the case for several other social media channels.   I've long ago formed the opinion that such restrictions are intended to favor ranting text-bites over thoughtful discussion.   I agree that these media are entirely inappropriate for technical discussions, including IETF discussions.

Keith