Re: Updated IESG Statement "IESG Processing of RFC Errata for the IETF Stream"

Hi, Lloyd,

On Tue, May 11, 2021, 00:36 Lloyd W <lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Let me outline how this is all going to work in future. Prove me wrong.

Every git pull request on a document being edited under git revision control is by its very nature an errata report. errata are verified by being committed to main branch.

there are no final published documents, only git repositories with checkpoints, which are eventually given to the RFC Editor function to maintain as workgroups close. Implementations are based on document checkpoints, timestamped.

If you want to read an RFC or internet draft, you need to fire up git to go get it. Or rather, its up to date authoritative main revision repo tree.

I'm most familiar with WHATWG, and their "living standards", but I think that's reasonably close to what you're describing.

https://whatwg.org/

So I wouldn't dare argue that what you sketched out is unlikely. ISTM we're just trying to figure out how close, or how far away, that's going to be to what the IETF is doing in ten years.

Best,

Spencer

And you thought the fuss over turning off ftp access to RFCs was bad...

Lloyd Wood
lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx