Re: Apology Re: Principles of Spam-abatement

"Robert G. Brown" wrote:

> Ed, are you not paying attention?

Read below and draw your own conclusions, please.

> It is fundamentally, intrinsically, eternally IMPOSSIBLE TO IDENTIFY
> INDIVIDUAL HUMANS on the internet.

Who is talking about humans? I am talking about EMAIL ADDRESSES,
MTAs, MUAs, END POINTS. Trust at the end points -- the end point
is able to do TCP/IP, end points are not human. It is also not
relevant if there is, or there is not, a human in control of an
end point. It can very well be another machine.

I also mentioned that trust should be based on the same definition
betwen machines as we use for millenia between humans. Why? So that
machines could use well-developed, real-world, tested notions of
trust -- and be thus useful as our agents.

This answers the rest of your email. Are you paying attention? ;-)

Cheers,
Ed Gerck

PS: BTW, take a look at a work some 5 years ago allowing ISPs to
identify who was at the keyboard by their usage pattern, in a
household, to properly target advertising. Humans are more
identifiable on the Internet than you think. But this is
100% irrelevant to what I wrote about. Humans can't do TCP/IP.