Re: Stray thoughts on ' Update of IESG statement "Last Call Guidance to the Community"'

On Fri, Apr 23, 2021, at 08:42, Adam Roach wrote:
> One can credibly make the opposite argument also: that it's hard to
> find the time/patience to scan all of the Last Call discussions that
> happen, just so you can be "in the loop" for the relatively rare Last
> Call discussions that seem important to you.

That's the same argument on a smaller scale: I asserted that we needed
(and then benefited from) a smaller haystack for the needles of
interest, and you're saying that the new, much smaller haystack may
still be too large for effective needle finding.

We call this the "stop bombarding me with noise" and "why was I not consulted?" conundrum in the Fastmail exec team - and it's a problem for sure.  When we solve that problem, then I'll be rich enough to fly business class to our next in-person meeting!  Maybe even first class.

Bron.

--
  Bron Gondwana, CEO, Fastmail Pty Ltd
  brong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx