Re: Stray thoughts on ' Update of IESG statement "Last Call Guidance to the Community"'

Hi Tom,

On 2021-4-22, at 19:16, tom petch <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am left wondering why, and why now.  There was a discussion about the usefulness of the last call list recently but that does not seem relevant.  As ever, this comes from the IESG so will have one or more humans behind it, as opposed to being created by AI, but I do wonder who and why.

that discussion was what prompted the update, since it was one of the actions that was described as a consequence of the successful conclusion of the last-call experiment, which the IESG declared in April 2020.

Please see https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf/8uW6lQJ1feS39M6SAwVnLs2xqoY/ and related messages in the thread for context, esp. the links to the original email describing the experiment.

Thanks,
Lars