Re: snarls in real life

Personally, ideally, I would hope that I'd raise the question whether something is off-charter before I sent a cease and desist letter. If something is agreed to be off-charter, there is no doubt that the WG chairs can request people to take it elsewhere. It happens often.

I have no opinion about whether the discussion in question is on-charter. From a quick glance at the archive, that doesn't seem to have been discussed prior to the chair's message. Going straight to the cease and desist stage seems abrupt, to say the least.
(Unless there was preceding off-list mail, perhaps.)

The thing that struck me is that one of the assumedly Google people said that signing their zone is tantamount to "boiling the ocean". That is a stunning admission, and not a good one.

Mike, there was nothing off list. straight to FO by the chair. and people wonder why nobody wants to participate