Re: adapting IETF in light of github and similar tools

It appears that Lloyd W  <lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>> And if you're the least bit concerned about anti-trust laws, you would
>> want to be well away from that control point.
>
>Microsoft, famed for antitrust, controls GitHub.

It was obvious at the time that MS bought Github defensively, to ensure that Facebook
or someone else didn't buy it instead.  There were more MS employees contributing to
open source projects on Githunb than any other employer and I think there still are.

There are certainly reasons to worry about depending on an unpaid third party but
MS subverting Github is rather low on my list of concerns.

R's,
John