Re: Gather.town hour every month?

On 14-Mar-21 09:07, Carsten Bormann wrote:

>> There's 8 time zones between Prague and San Francisco, and roughly 4 months between IETFs, so maybe move from the Prague time zone to the SF time zone 2 zones per meeting?
>
> Probably better 8 hours per meeting (e.g., 8, 16, 0, 8) so we don’t monopolise this for one part of the world.

Do an experiment. Run a meeting every 6 days (so in a few weeks we have an indication of the most popular days of the week) and run it one hour later each time (so that in a few weeks we have an indication of the most popular hours of the day).

Alternatively, compute statistics on the times of day and days of the week (in UTC) when the most messages are sent on IETF lists. We already have the data in the mail archives, and that can tell us objectively when people are most available for IETF business.

   Brian