Re: [Non-DoD Source] question: are the various IETF web sites IPv6 enabled? If not, why not?

John,

When I go to https://tools.ietf.org I get a single IPv6 address.  See attached.

Bob

On Mar 9, 2021, at 12:43 PM, Baird, John M CTR OSD HPCMP (USA) <john.m.baird10.ctr=40mail.mil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Brian,
Thanks for the quick response. You mention the Firefox "six or not" extension, and that is why I asked the question about IPv6 and IETF websites.

When I browse the websites you cited, and also https://tools.ietf.org, IPvFoo lists several IPv4 addresses, but makes no mention of any IPv6 addresses.

I can see the IPv6 addresses in DNS, but for some reason IPvFoo reports that the websites respond to web browsers only via IPv4.

Any theories as to why this is so?

John