Re: [Last-Call] New Version Notification for draft-crocker-inreply-react-07.txt

On 3/2/2021 1:40 PM, Ned Freed wrote:
   4. If the part contains code points outside the implementation's
vocabulary, it MAY process them as undisplayable.
I think this assigns the base-emoji set a too much importance in the overall
scheme of things. But if the consensus is otherwise, I can live with it.

Defining a normative core is typically Very Good practice for a protocol, to ensure basic interoperability.

At this stage, however, I think we do not know enough about the way this will get used to be able to assign normative status to a core set of emojis. "Basic interoperability" here has more to do with humans than computers.

If the Experiment produces clear guidance we can easily incorporate it to make give normative status to support for a core set of emojis.

d/

--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking