Re: What ASN.1 got right

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 5:19 PM Michael Thomas <mike@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/2/21 1:38 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

[]

Is this supposed to make me feel better about induced complexity?

Mike

It is much simpler than what we have today and one person has written all the specifications and 90% of the code in 26 months, and I was recovering from whatever I picked up in Singapore for six of those.

Things should be as simple as possible but it is absolutely critical that they not be made simpler. I have 30 years experience with this technology and its application to the real world. The Mesh PKI side is much simpler than PKIX, OpenPGP or SAML but it is not simple. I know what I missed by trying for too much simplicity in XKMS.