Re: [Last-Call] [Ntp] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-ntp-port-randomization-06

fgont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:
> 1) There's only one implementation that I know of that uses the service
>     port as the source port of client requests. As a ressult, enforcing
>     such a rule would prevent all other implementations from working.

One reason for doing that is to prevent 2 programs that adjust the clock from
running at the same time.  If some other program is already using port 123, a
second program will get an error when it tries to bind its socket to the
already-in-use port.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.