Re: Diversity and Inclusiveness in the IETF

On 2/22/21 11:19 PM, Bron Gondwana wrote:

One of the biggest barriers to entry in the IETF is stumbling across an area in which no work is able to progress due to entrenched issues within that area.

+1

But it's hard to get started if you don't already have the connections to have your work sponsored by somebody who already knows their way around the IETF's idiosyncrasies.
Agree.  And yet, you shouldn't be required to work with any specific person to get around those idiosyncrasies.   Perhaps we need better ways for new contributors to identify experienced people who can help them navigate those treacherous waters?  Or maybe we could do a better job of documenting those idiosyncrasies?

Conditions do change over time.  Sometimes people keep fighting old battles that made sense at one time based on an old set of conditions, but may keep fighting those battles after those conditions have changed and the old concerns no longer apply.

Keith