Re: [Last-Call] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-bess-evpn-oam-req-frmwk-04

Hi David,

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 10:46 AM David Black via Datatracker
<noreply@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Reviewer: David Black
> Review result: Ready with Nits
>
> This document has been reviewed as part of the transport area review team's
> ongoing effort to review key IETF documents. These comments were written
> primarily for the transport area directors, but are copied to the document's
> authors and WG to allow them to address any issues raised and also to the IETF
> discussion list for information.
>
> When done at the time of IETF Last Call, the authors should consider this
> review as part of the last-call comments they receive. Please always CC
> tsv-art@xxxxxxxx if you reply to or forward this review.
>
> I did not notice any transport-related issues, but found a few editorial nits
> that could use some attention:
>
> The draft covers only the F (fault) and P (performance) aspects of the
> FCAPS set of management/maintenance domains.  It might be useful to
> say something about where to look for requirements-related information
> on the other three.

For Configuration and Security (beyond the Security Considerations
section of the document), perhaps this document should refer readers
to the standards for the detailed OAM protocol in use. On Accounting,
I think it is pretty much out of scope for this document.

> Please double-check whether the IEEE 802.1Q reference is up to date.

This won't be published as an RFC for months. I think whether the IEEE
802.1Q reference is completely up to date and in the format preferred
by the IEEE is an excellent thing for the RFC Editor to check as they
normally do.  I will update the year from 2014 to 2018.

> Please explain what P nodes are in Figures 1 and 2.

OK.

> Figures 1 and 2 include four OAM layers, of which this draft is only
> concerned with two, Service OAM and Network OAM.  Section 2.1
> should indicate that these two layers are the focus of the draft.

OK.

Thanks,
Donald