Re: I need your "good" RFCs

On 11/02/2021 21:51, Wes Hardaker wrote:

Good folks,

I'm looking for people's favorite RFCs with respect to readability and
understand-ability.  Do you have ones that have always impressed you as
your favorites as how RFCs should be written to make their protocol/etc
easily understood?  If so, send a note my way (ideally using this
subject line).  I don't necessarily think you need to do a reply-all.

[And yes, I recognize that this is a subjective ask, and everyone will
have a different opinion as to "what is readable" and "what is
understandable".  That's ok -- I'm asking for opinions and not facts].

RFC1155 RFC1156 RFC1157 to which I always pointed those wanting to know what SNMP was, even after, perhaps especially after, SNMPv3 was up and running a decade or two later.

I was going to add RFC793 but Joe has beaten me to it. RFC791 is not bad either.

Tom Petch