RE: How to get diversity of nominees was Re: Diversity of candidates was Re: NomCom 2020 Announcement of Selections

>...> Also, I think that WGs lasting 10+ years should be sanctioned, why do we need them?
>
>For protocols needing continuous maintenance and/or operational enhancement.

Would it make more sense if we have WGs operating in a roadmap or release-by-release way?

When developing software/systems, it is a general practice to use the release concept, for example, both Cisco IOS and Juniper JunOS have been developed in a way of release by release.

A WG would continue as long as needed provided that there be a release of enough work to do.

Thanks,

Richard