Re: How to get diversity of nominees was Re: Diversity of candidates was Re: NomCom 2020 Announcement of Selections

There is one easy tool that I think we should use more in appointing WG chairs.
ADs could publicly ask for volunteers.

I was very pleasantly surprised a number of years ago when I and another IAB member had to appoint a person to a position. We knew who we wanted. We decided we should put out a public call anyway. And got a volunteer we had not thought of who was even better.

Yours,
Joel

PS: As mentioned by others, I think the practice of pairing experienced chairs with new chairs is both a good idea and very effective.