Re: [Last-Call] Last Call: <draft-crocker-inreply-react-06.txt> (React: Indicating Summary Reaction to a Message) to Experimental RFC

On 1/16/2021 1:53 PM, Barry Leiba wrote:
On the process issue, the reason for Experimental is that we don’t know the practical aspects of implementing this in MUAs and having users actually use them, both in sending reactions and in viewing the reactions we get back.  I’m very pleased that this document actually contains Section 7, which describes what the experiment needs to answer (thanks, Dave!), and wish all Experimental drafts did that.

Given the uncertainty about when this is actually practical, but the necessity of having a standard protocol to try in order to find out, I think Experimental is the right approach.

Barry