Re: Old directions in social media.

Automatic translation would be an added twist to

"Of course discussions do occur in languages other than English, but I've rarely seen mailing list discussions in languages other than English.

"(I do think it's unfortunate that non-English speakers are at somewhat of a disadvantage in IETF.   But one person who was not a native English speaker said to me "Using English is a lot like using a standard protocol".   Who knows, maybe automatic translation is now good enough that we could each subscribe to mailing lists in our preferred language.  It would be an interesting experiment.)"

Lloyd Wood
lloyd.wood@xxxxxxxxxxx