Re: Old directions in social media.

On 1/10/21 1:19 PM, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:

But isn't the fact that we have a mega thread and nobody is actually responding to the original question I raised kind of the point?

Only if we actually care about the answer to the original question :)

(actually having just reread that message - what was the question you were raising?   I don't think it's clear from the message.)

I have actually prototyped an email user interface that tried to encourage people scan through email messages and indicate agree/disagree and add brief per-paragraph annotations, with agrees/disagree counts and annotations displayed when reading the subject messages, as an alternative to making arbitrary replies.  (Replies were still possible, of course.)    So I've had at least somewhat similar ideas to what you propose but I was trying to make it compatible with email so as to not lose the many advantages that email has.

Keith