Re: IETF 110 schedule update

    >> As previously announced, IETF 110 will be an online meeting [1]. IETF
    >> 110 working sessions will take place 8-12 March, from 12:00 to 18:00 UTC
    >> each day. This time block was chosen to schedule the meeting during the
    >> normal meeting hours in Prague, the original meeting location, and to be
    >> consistent with the intent of guidance in Section 2 of RFC 8719 related
    >> to meeting rotation. IETF 107, 108, and 109 similarly started in the
    >> early afternoon local time in the original meeting locations.

Okay, each time we complain that starting time *ISN'T* the time that we would
have started if we were local, I'm told that it is consistent with the
previous decision.

It is then noted that IETF107 was scheduled without a lot of thought.
So we are being consistent with a random decision in my opinion.

I have serious, serious doubts about IETF111.
{But, some ideas on how to salvage it}

I want to point that we previously, PRE-PANDEMIC, moved a meeting from SFO to
Montreal on the basis of difficulties getting *VISA*s approved.
Does anyone think it's going to be any easier?
Many people are likely to attend IETF110, 111, and even 112 remotely.

Meeting time zones will be:
        Europe-friendly
        Pacific-friendly,
        Europe-friendly(2)
in 2021.

Note something missing here?

So, I wrote a document for shmoo.  The WG has neither rejected it, nor
adopted it, nor really done anything with it.    If someone else has a
better idea, then please write an ID.

*I* won't be updating my document.

I think that based upon the above decision, SHMOO has failed because the IESG
isn't really listening.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )