Re: MBONE access?

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 04:18:42PM -0500, Joe Abley wrote:

> If you find an answer, telling this list would be good.
>
> In the past the answer has been "you don't", often coupled with
> enthusiastic statements about the mbone being in full production, and
> tunnels no longer being necessary.

Please tell me you're kidding...

I just phoned the hotline of my provider T-DSL/T-Online.
They didn't even know what I was talking about. All they
said is that they can't help if I'm using Linux, because that
operating system is not supported. I'd have to call a
0190 number (62ct / min), which I did. Listening to the
wait queue music for about 1,5 minutes. Then there was a Lady
who also hasn't ever heard about this and couldn't imagine
what I was talking about...

Hadmut