Re: [Last-Call] [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-09.txt> (Deprecating TLSv1.0 and TLSv1.1) to Best Current Practice

>    And how will the people who can ignore it know that it's OK for them to do so?

Well, frankly, that's not our problem.  If someone is going to blindly insist on RFC conformance and doesn't recognize the wording that says "might not apply to you" ... well, so be it.

I am more concerned about someone see the "this only applies if you ..." and being wrong.  Or taking a SCADA system and after a couple years it's now "in the cloud."

Our goal is to make the Internet work better.