Re: postscript vs PDF, Call for Community Feedback: Retiring IETF FTP Service

In article <9E191D6ECFE4BC432E78DEE7@PSB> you write:
>RFCs that were available in machine-readable form a few years
>later, you would have to retrieve Postscript files and render
>them.  I don't have any idea how stable Postscript rendering
>mechanisms (and their supposed clones) were over time and across
>devices or whether they were "improved" enough to make assuming
>they represented what the author intended questionable.

Postscript has always been well defined, in the original Adobe
reference in 1985 and then the much expanded one in 1990.  Some
of the PS RFCs may have depended on non-standard fonts but that all
seems to be sorted out in the PDFs created from them.

I looked at a few of the first PS RFCs from 1989 in the viewer on my
Mac and they all look fine.

R's,
John