Re: Principles of Spam-abatement

Paul Vixie <vixie@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> the principle i've always followed is that
> "all communications must be by mutual consent"

   Excellent principle, Paul. I'd like to put it at the head of the
list.

   I've also gleaned (mostly from this list over the last week):

John Leslie <john@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Errors returned after the close of the SMTP transaction are likely
> to go to (and confuse) an innocent party; thus such errors should
> be deprecated for any email identified as spam.

====
   Not a bad start, IMHO. :^)

   Additions are welcome; corrections by the authors are welcome;
suggestions for re-wording are acceptable...

--
John Leslie <john@xxxxxxx>