Re: and... text for the win

In article <32243.1604698457@localhost> you write:
>And after 25 years of people telling us that text is dead, and we should move
>on to their favorite vendor-proprietary tool, and get with the "hip" kids,
>guess what: text-based markdown is all over github (gitlab, wiki*, ...)
>
>Text based formats continue to win: markdown, yaml, JSON, etc.
>All the cool kids use text based things today.

In our little bubble we do.

In the other 99% of the world everyone exchanges MS Word documents.  I'm
certainly not saying that's wonderful, but it's reality.

I'd say Word is semi-proprietary. There is a nominal spec for DOCX
files (they're zip archives containing XML files), and what Word
actually does is close ehough to the spec that Libreoffice, Apple
Pages et al. can mostly keep up.

R's,
John