Re: Reminder: Please fill out our survey on IETF authoring tools

Hi Antonio

On 3/11/2020, at 12:22 AM, Antonio Diaz Diaz <antonio@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Director,

IETF Executive Director wrote:
The IETF is conducting a survey to help us understand what tools and formats you use for authoring IETF Internet Drafts (I-Ds), how you use them and what more you need from them.  The data from this survey is vital for our future planning of tools investment.

This note is to thank the 270 of you that have responded to this survey so far and to remind those of you that haven't to please spare a few minutes to fill out the survey, even if you do not author I-Ds any more:

https://ietf.iad1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8d21RFqe5dBijOJ

Your email address has been selected because you have been listed as the author or submitter of an I-D in the last five years.  The survey is anonymous - we only record the data you provide and do not record your IP address or any details of your computer.

It would be a pleasure for me to dedicate more than a few minutes to help the IETF as long as I do not need to enable _javascript_ in my browser to do it. Sadly the page above requires it to the point that the browser just shows the message: "_javascript_ is required to load this page."

I think we reached a point some years ago where it became impossible to provide a good web experience without _javascript_.

I'll be glad to fill out any IETF survey if it can be done without _javascript_.

In case it is useful, I answer here your questions.

1) What tools and formats you use for authoring IETF Internet Drafts (I-Ds)?

 I use a text editor to write the draft in plain text format.

 I use the idnits tool offline (not through a webpage) to check the draft. http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits

 I use the Internet Draft Submission Tool to submit the draft. http://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/

2) How do you use them and what more you need from them.

 Both tools are straightforward to use, and I think they fulfill all my needs.

Thank you for providing that but unfortunately I won’t be able to use these without the answers to the rest of the questions.

Jay

Best regards,
Antonio.

--