From: ietf <ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx> on behalf of Adrian Farrel <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, 30 October 2020 at 15:06
To: 'The IESG' <iesg@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "ietf@xxxxxxxx" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: BoFs at IETF-109

    Hi,

    I'm trying to plan my IETF week and my preparation time. I like to make it
    to as many BoFs as I can.

    I see from the minutes of the BoF Coordination Call held on 2020-10-09 [1]
    that MADINAS and APN were "provisionally approved" for IETF-109, and
    indicates a plan for more work to refine the scope of the BoFs. The BoF wiki
    [2] shows them both "tentatively approved" and notes them both as "non-WG
    forming" meaning, I think, that the intention was to provide a public forum
    for investigating the topic and seeing whether there was focus, work to be
    done, and support to move the discussion forward.

    The front page of the IETF site [4] mentions both BoFs with a pointer to a
    blog [5] that says that the "IESG approved two BOFs for scheduling at IETF
    109, pending further refinements to the BOF proposals: MADINAS and APN."

    As of a few days ago, the IETF-109 agenda [3] showed both MADINAS and APN
    scheduled to meet, but checking back today I see that APN has disappeared.
    Is that just a snafu?

    I checked on the MADINAS and APN mailing list archives and I can't find
    anything to explain the status. The last message on the APN list is from the
    Secretariat saying a meeting has been scheduled [6], while the MADINAS BoF
    description points at the INT area list which also has no recent discussion
    about MADINAS after the Secretariat's post saying a meeting has been
    scheduled [7].

    Could you please clarify the status of these two BoFs.

    Thanks,
    Adrian

    [1] https://www6.ietf.org/iesg/minutes/2020/bof-minutes-ietf-109.txt
    [2] https://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/