Re: Call for Community Feedback: Guidance on Reporting Protocol Vulnerabilities

Eliot, those are some awesome edits.

Eliot Lear <lear=40cisco.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > Second, it helps to simplify by having a routing function.  Researchers
    > and most others don't want to play Inside Baseball with us.  Since you
    > are already advertising “protocol-vulnerability@xxxxxxxx
    > <mailto:protocol-vulnerability@xxxxxxxx>” why not just let that be the
    > lead point of contact, and say something like this:

What is going to behind this address?
It says a non-public archive.

So it needs to be something people can send to without subscription.
It needs to go into a ticket system that can acknowledge the submission. (RT,
whatever).   We'll probably have to have someone delete the spam.
It might be worth having a return reachability check on the email to help
reduce the spam load.

It would be nice if it could show up in author's DT account to respond, on
record.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )