Re: [Last-Call] Intdir telechat review of draft-ietf-v6ops-cpe-slaac-renum-05

Hello, Sheng,

Thanks so much for your comments! In-line....

On 19/10/20 23:58, Sheng Jiang via Datatracker wrote:
[...]
Overall Summary:

This draft is a document that intents to be an Informational  RFC. This
document gives some recommendation to  improve the reaction and performance of
Customer Edge Routers in the IPv6 renumbering events.  It updates RFC7084.

Overall this is a well written document. There is a small Nit: in the
information reference, [I-D.gont-6man-slaac-renum] has been listed twice.

Note: [I-D.gont-6man-slaac-renum] is referenced to Ack the folks that reviewed that document, on which the present one is based.

However, I have a more fundamental question. It may be easily addressed by AD
saying it was not an issue: as an informational document, it should only give
information or recommendation to the readers or implementors. However, this
document has a lot of "MUST", which is too strong and I think it should only
appear in Standard Stack or BCP documents. If so, this document may need
revise, even rework in the WG.

Please see Section 2. Those terms are *not* being employed as in RFC2119, and are employed in the same was as in RFC7084, which this document means to update.

Thanks!

Cheers,
--
Fernando Gont