Re: Consultation on proposed IETF LLC Community Engagement Policy - Nomcom

I keep re-reading the discussion of interaction with the nomcom. On one level, avoidance of "backstabbing" makes sense.

And then I think about interesting cases that the nomcom needs to know about. Creating an example that is to the best of my knowledge completely fictitious, if a candidate for IETF Chair had a history of difficult interactions with either the RPC or the IETF Executive Director, it would seem that the nomcom should know about that. And be able to get the information from the direct participants. This policy would prohibit such direct communication. (Yes, the nomcom might pick that person anyway. The reasons for choices are manifold and complex. I am concerned merely that the nomcom be able to get relevant information.)

Yours,
Joel