Re: [Last-Call] [Detnet] Secdir last call review of draft-ietf-detnet-mpls-over-udp-ip-06

Stewart,

Going back to my earlier note to identify the design choice:

> > ... IF the DetNet service defines packet loss as a failure case, i.e., something
> > that can't happen unless something in the network has actually failed and the
> > preferred failure behavior is late delivery rather than non-delivery of impacted
> > data, THEN TCP may be useful/appropriate.

I read your note as advocating that the preferred failure behavior is non-delivery of impacted data, in which case, I would agree that TCP is not a good choice of protocol.

Thanks, --David