RFC 2183: Unparseable Content-Disposition Field.

Hi,

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/inline-errata/rfc2183.html says what to
do if the disposition type is unrecognised, but not what to do if the
Content-Disposition field does not parse.  For example,

is being seen on real-life emails due to a bug.

Given RFC 2183's grammar,

     disposition := "Content-Disposition" ":"
                    disposition-type
                    *(";" disposition-parm)

     disposition-type := "inline"
                       / "attachment"
                       / extension-token
                       ; values are not case-sensitive

coupled with RFC 2045,

     extension-token := ietf-token / x-token

     ietf-token := <An extension token defined by a
                    standards-track RFC and registered
                    with IANA.>

     x-token := <The two characters "X-" or "x-" followed, with
                 no intervening white space, by any token>

that field does not parse so RFC 2183's

    Unrecognized disposition types should be treated as `attachment'.

does not apply as we do not have a disposition type, recognised or not.

- Am I missing something in RFC 2183 which describes what to do in that
  case?
- Is there an overarching clause in another email RFC which says
  something like an field which does not parse is considered to not
  exist?

--
Cheers, Ralph.