Re: A Call of a WG for IPv10.

Dear all,

Let me correct slightly the content of this email:

  1. Even if Fred Baker (OPSEC WG chair) and myself (INT AD) are in Cc: we do not endorse  in any way this initiative
  2. There is no IPv10[1] WG planned for now, so, it is more about a ‘potential WG’ than a ‘future WG’

Of course, as described in RFC 2418, any member of the community can try to build a team around his/her ideas/requirements/topics and follow the creation procedure described in RFC 2418.

So, I assume this is what Khaled intends to initiate with his email, so, communicate directly with him if you support the initiative and are ready to work with him.

Let’s not discuss the technical merits and issues of the “IPv10” draft on this mailing list but rather please communicate directly with Khaled Omar directly.

Regards

-éric

[1] obviously, IANA has not yet allocated 10 as a version of IP.