Re: Consultation on early switch of IETF 110 to an online meeting

> Il 15/09/2020 00:49 IETF Executive Director <exec-director@xxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
>
> We would like to hear what the community has to say on this.  Please send any comments either directly to me or to ietf@xxxxxxxx by midnight UTC on 28 September.

I would much have preferred to try having the meeting in person, and there are chances that at least the participants from Europe will be able to travel "domestically" in March, making a hybrid meeting possible. Given the strong prevalence of people that think that virtual meetings are less or much less effective than physical ones, it would be worth trying to have even partly physical meetings as soon as possible. However, there also are strong chances that any travel in March won't be possible at all, and when taking into account the significant cancellation fee, I also agree that it's not worth gambling so much money on this and you should consider rebooking now.

But please let's go to Prague again asap, it's such a great city :)

--
Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx